Pigs in blankets (not literally although that would be super cute) are a classic savoury treat now comes with a sweet twist. These little wieners are certainly winners at any kind of event. The ingredient that will take your pigs in blankets from great to spectacular, is honey!
Honey glazed bacon wrapped little pigs in blankets recipe.
- Your favourite sausage in, preferably chipolata size, which we can make toorder However many pigs in blankets youd like to make i.e. 32
- Voodoo or streaky rashers of bacon youll need 1 rasher per sausage
- 3-4 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
With the oven pre-heated to 180C.
Classic little pigs in blankets recipe.
- Your favourite sausage in preferably chipolata size which we can make toorder However many pigs in blankets youd like to make i.e. 32
- Puff pastry a pack
- Thomy Mild Mustard
- 1 Organic or Free-Range Egg yolk
Spread a thin layer of Thomy Mild mustard on the inside of the puff pastry squares. The mustard will enhance the flavour and give the sausage extra moisture to ensure they dont dry out. Wrap the sausages and pop them on an alfoil lined baking tray.
Paint the egg yolk over the pig in blankets and pop the tray in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden crispy brown.