Who better than Australian Pork, to take porky advice from?
- Pork doesn't need to be overcooked to be safe. In fact, pork can be eaten with a hint of pink in the middle (with the exception of mince and sausages).
- Pork (like all meat) continues to cook after removal from heat. For best results, let your dish rest uncovered for 1-2 minutes in a warm environment prior to serving (except for sausages and mince).
- Always cut meat across the grain to keep tender.
- Avoid frequent prodding of the meat while cooking.
- For best results, meat should be brought to room temperature prior to cooking.
- Marinating can add extra flavour and tenderness, especially on the BBQ.