Wet rubs are well you guessed it, dry rub mixed with a liquid to create a wet rub. Really complicated stuff.
We now know what wet rubs are and what they do but how on earth do we use them? Were glad that you asked.
- Firstly, make or buy a wet rub, then smother your chosen meat in it. If youve got some time up your sleeve, wrap the meat in cling film and set it in the fridge for about an hour before cooking that beauty to perfection.
- The grill cover should be kept down with the vest (the metal plate with the holes in it) only partially open.
- Each time you go to flip the meat,brush a little more of the wet rub on.
- The web rub will become a dark outer layer that is rich in flavour and will give your meat moisture while absorbing the smokiness ofyour grill.
- To avoid a burnt wet rub, try to find a rub low in sugar, be sure to slow the heat down which will allow itcaramelise evenly and brown the meat, youll be thankful you did.