Were going around the Twist with Jonos Anchovy and Salsa Verde Twists!
OMG, Anchovy with Salsa Verde is a classic from the old days of Ricky Ricardos (and briefly as Rickys) is one of my favourite little bar snacks and dead easy to make.
What you're gonna need:
- 1 or 2 tins of highest quality anchovies
- 1 Packet of frozen puff pastry
- Milk for brushing
- One or two small bowls of smooth pureed Salsa Verde (you'll find our recipe here!)
What you'll be needing to do:
- Lay out the defrosted puff pastry sheets and cut into inch wide strips.
- Lay out one or two anchovies (depending on how big they are and how long you want your twists to be) along the pastry. Cut each one to length and twist pastry into a spiral around the anchovy.
- Place on lightly oiled greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Repeat until all of the twists are laid out and lightly brush each with milk.
- Place into a moderate oven until twists are golden brown.
- Serve them standing in the bowls of Salsa Verde for easy dipping!