Basic Chicken Stock Recipe
- 1.5 kg Free Range Chicken wings
- 5 litres water
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery sticks
- 3 bay leaves (and other herbs if desired)
- Roast chicken wings in a moderate oven until golden brown (about 20 min).
- Place wings in pot with water then roughly chop the vegetables and add to the pot with bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and skim off any impurities that float to the surface.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool and strain into a heatproof container. After cooled in the refrigerator and solidified fat can be removed from surface.
- Keeps for 1 week in the fridge or freeze for up to 6 months.