- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 500g chicken livers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, like thyme or rosemary
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup cream
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
1. Brown 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan, and then brown chicken liver and shallots.
3. Deglaze the pan with the 1/4 cup of brandy. Let the brandy boil and reduce, then allow it to cool.
4. In a food processor, combine the mixture, as well as the cream and butter.
5. Allow it to cool in the fridge to firm up.
6. Toast baguette slices and serve with pâté.
You can replace the brandy to de-glaze with water or chicken/vegetable stock, though the alcohol is cooked out through the boiling process. Some recipes replace the cream with a cognac or brandy and water to de-glaze. You can make decisions based off of your dietary needs.
Pâté will keep in the fridge for up to a month depending on storage.