Curried sausages are quick, warm and a classic Aussie favourite. With the warm, satisfying flavour of the curry sauce, bursts of sweet pea flavour and the delicious array of sausage flavours available, you can't go wrong with mid-winter curried sausages.
- 6 sausages, beef thin, lamb mint and rosemary, chicken spinach and pinenut
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tbsp of oil, olive oil or vegetable oil, for cooking
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
1. In a large pan, heat oil to medium heat and cook sausages in batches, turning, until browned. Remove them to a plate.
Notes: If you'd like extra flavour, add gravy powder, Worcestershire sauce, HP sauce or tomato sauce. If the sauce isn't thickening, make a slurry with a 1:1 ratio (or when it makes a smooth viscous liquid) of cornstarch and cold water and add, mixing in to the sauce.