Pigs in blankets (not literally although that would be super cute) are a classic savoury treat now comes with a sweet twist. These little wieners are certainly winners at any kind of event. The ingredient that will take your pigs in blankets from great to spectacular, is honey!
Honey glazed bacon wrapped little pigs in blankets recipe.
- Your favourite sausage in, preferably chipolata size, which we can make to order However many pigs in blankets you'd like to make i.e. 32
- Voodoo or streaky rashers of bacon you'll need 1 rasher per sausage
- 3-4 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- With the oven pre-heated to 180C.
- Lay each bacon rasher out flat and wrap each sausage in one piece of bacon. Then pop them on an alfoil lined baking tray. The fat from the bacon will cook the meat so there is no need to add oil.
- Drizzle/pour the honey over the top of the sausages and then season. Give the tray a shake, making sure all sides of every sausage is covered in the golden goodness before making sure they have enough space on the tray and putting them in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Be sure to check on them and using a spoon or basting tool use, drizzle the sausages with the honey sauce that begins to form on the tray keeping the little piggies nice and juicy.
Classic little pigs in blankets recipe.
- Your favourite sausage in preferably chipolata size which we can make to order However many pigs in blankets you'd like to make i.e. 32
- Puff pastry a pack
- Thomy Mild Mustard
- 1 Organic or Free-Range Egg yolk
Spread a thin layer of Thomy Mild mustard on the inside of the puff pastry squares. The mustard will enhance the flavour and give the sausage extra moisture to ensure they dont dry out. Wrap the sausages and pop them on an alfoil lined baking tray.
Paint the egg yolk over the pig in blankets and pop the tray in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden crispy brown.