Honey Mustard Salmon
Salmon has a rich and fatty flavour, packed full of omega-3s and a delicate sweetness. It is a versatile meat and can be used, flavoured and enjoyed in a variety of ways. One delicious and simple way is with a honey mustard glaze. The combination of honey and mustard provides a well-balanced profile of sweetness from honey and tanginess from mustard. This balance enhances the natural richness of salmon without overpowering its distinctive taste. Similarly, the sweet and tanginess helps to cut through the fatty richness, so you can enjoy every single bite.
It takes so few ingredients and can be pre-prepared. Simply glaze the salmon before bedtime, wrap it tightly and put it in the fridge, then cook it the next day at dinner time. This not only makes it super quick and easy, but imbues the fish with even more flavour.
Try it for lunch or dinner and enjoy!
- 2 salmon fillets, pat dry
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Warm the honey briefly in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds in 10 second bursts. The honey should not be hot, but warm so it is slightly runny and can mixed into the other ingredients. Whisk in the Dijon mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, and a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with space between them. If your salmon fillet has skin still on, brush a small amount of the glaze or oil on the skin side with additional salt and pepper, and put skin side down on the tray.
4. Brush the salmon fillets with the honey mustard glaze. Add additional salt and pepper on top. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the salmon is flaky.
5. Drizzle with any extra glaze. Serve with sides such as roasted vegetables, mashed cauliflower or potato, rice or a fresh salad.