Kao Ka Moo (Slow Braised pork) Jono style
This dish is layered with flavour, texture and all round yumminess! It does take some time to cook but when its all done, it is so worth it. There's not a lot you need to do, so why not jump and give Kao Ka Moo a chance to shine?
What you'll need:
- 1 pork leg or a couple pork necks
- 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 8 slices galangal
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 4-6 medium boiled eggs (boiled for about 8 minutes)
- Two handfuls of Greens, roughly chopped
- Master stock (Click here for the recipe!)
The How To part
- Add the pork leg and foot into a large stock pot, cover with Master stock. See here for our Master stock recipe! Bring this to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 5 hours until the meat is tender and cooked.
- Be sure to occasionally skim off any scum that has floated to the top.
- About half an hour before the pork is done, drop a couple of hard-boiled eggs and some green into the pot and let it simmer until the meat is cooked
- Take out the pork, the greens and the eggs then strain.
- Reduce this stock down and add some soy sauce or oyster sauce to deepen the flavours.
- Reunite the pork, green and eggs with the stock and serve this alongside a bowl of rice or noodles, some Green Sauce, some Red sauce and various steamed vegetables.