On the keto diet, all kinds of wheats and grains are a no-go. That means things like breadcrumbs and pasta which usually bulk up your Mac and Cheese are out-of-bounds, but don't fret! This keto Mac and Cheese switches the Mac in Mac and Cheese for deliciously filling cauliflower. As characteristic of the keto diet is cheese, cheese and yes, even more cheese!
Keto Mac and Cheese
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets, optionally with stems removed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cups and 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of whole milk, or 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley or Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pork rind
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Butter, to grease pan
1. Grease a large oven dish with butter and set aside. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a large pot, fill 1 inch with water or stock, and boil cauliflower florets. Alternatively you can roast them on a shallow tray. Once the florets are soft, set aside.
Notes: If you'd rather not use cauliflower, you can try other keto-friendly alternatives, including a two-ingredient keto pasta.