- Sunshine Coast Organic Meat Free Range Xmas Ham
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Brown or White Onions Quartered
- 2 stalks celery (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 3 carrots (peeled & cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups (500ml) of our famous in-house chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (165g) Beerenberg red currant jelly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Beerenberg Red Currant Jelly or Cranberry Sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Rinse ham and pat dry with paper towel. Brush ham with butter and season with herbs, salt & pepper. Add the onion, celery & carrots in a large flameproof roasting pan, add ham and pour in 1 cup (250ml) broth. Cover with baking paper, then foil and roast for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine maple syrup, red currant jelly, orange juice, zest, and herbs in a pan over low heat, stirring until jelly dissolves. Keep the glaze warm.
- Remove foil and paper and baste ham with glaze. Roast, uncovered, for a further 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes, or until cooked through and skin is golden and caramelised (the juices should run clear when the meat is pierced with a skewer). Transfer to a platter and rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Place roasting pan over high heat, add remaining glaze and 1 cup (250ml) broth, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until reduced. Season and strain into a jug. Serve ham with jam.