- Pork chops, per your serving needs (approx. 1 per person)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 3 apples, quartered
1. Preheat oven 200 degrees
2. Prepare chops for cooking. Pat the pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper
4. In a heated skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear until pork develops a golden-brown crust. Turn for about 4 minutes more until all sides are browned.
5. Mix ginger and maple syrup together
5. Transfer pork to the an oven-proof deep pan. Drizzle over maple syrup mix. Add quartered apples to the pan.
6. Cook for 20 minutes, then remove to rest.
7. Serve warm
Charisse loves serving these maple chops with mashed potato and snow peas to give a bit of freshness. Delicious!