- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 3 gloves, chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves, fresh or dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lamb backstrap, each portion around 250g
1. Combine all ingredients for marinade and mix together.
3. Grill to medium rare on the barbecue (6-10 minutes). Use a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked appropriately.
4. Leave to rest for a few minutes to allow the lamb to keep cooking and to allow flavours and juices to settle. Slice and serve as is, with freshly cooked vegetables, or in salads or sandwiches.
If you want to try a more traditional style of cooking, you can use a campfire grill and lay the backstrap over it with extra oil. Adjust time according to the temperature of your fire. Be careful with what you use in your fire as the smoke will naturally flavour the meat.