- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 skin on chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 medium red onion, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum
- chopped 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white long-grain rice
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Combine chilli powder, oregano, ground coriander, ground cumin, garlic and the oil in a large bowl. Rub chilli powder mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken thigh cutlet (skin facing up) in a flameproof baking dish. Add onion, capsicum, tomato and broth to the pan without covering skin on chicken thigh cutlets.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and meat is falling off bone. Remove from the oven.
- Cook rice in a separate pot. One cup of rice to two cups of water.
- Create a Mexican bowl with rice, pulled apart chicken, tomato salsa sauce from the chicken dish, avocado and sour cream. Sprinkle with coriander leaves to serve.