Sweet Potato Paleo Nachos
- 2 large sweet potato or 2 small ones
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 350g lean beef, kangaroo or lamb mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- 2 tsp dried oregano flakes, optional
- 2 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250g chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream, chilled
- 3 limes, juiced
- Charred jalapenos, to serve (optional)
- 1 avocado, halved, to serve (optional)
- 1/2 cup coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 150c.
4. With 1 tablespoon of oil in a hot pan, cook the onion and garlic until softened. Remove onion mixture from pan and set aside. Add mince, cumin, chilli (if you want the chilli flavour), oregano and paprika to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until meat is browned. Add the tomato, Worcestershire sauce and 2 cups (500ml) water, then return onion and garlic to pan. Cook for 15 minutes or until thick and reduced. Season to taste.
5. Meanwhile, combine coconut cream, lime juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika in a bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
6. Arrange sweet potato chips in a serving dish and top with the beef mixture, charred jalapenos (if included), avocado, coriander, tomato salsa and coconut cream dressing.
Notes: you can add vegetables like eggplant and capsicum during step 4 for extra bulk and flavour. In step two: you can use an air fryer and less olive oil to get the crunch, so long as they're evenly layered, instead of the oven.