- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Half a cold beer (preferably craft, but also a good use for those pesky golds people always seem to bring and leave after drinking your craft beers. 🙄)
- Ground Peppercorns, Salt & Chilli Flakes in a Mortar & Pestle.
- Combine spices with Flour in a bowl, add cold beer until consitency of pancake batter (but foamy!)
- Add Calamari and mix through.
- Heat 2-3cm oil in a pan over high heat.
- Add a single layer of calamari and cook for 1-1.5mins turning halfway and until both sides are golden.
- Drain on a paper towel and repeat till all cooked.