- 500g beef in strips, the best cuts are sirloin or rib eye
- 2 cups cooked flat noodle pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 cup of water, pasta water or beef stock
- 2 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
1. Put 2 cups of pasta on to cook.
3. Remove strips, and add onion, mushrooms and later, garlic, until browned. Add back the beef strips.
4. Add the herbs and brown sugar, paprika and stir for another minute.
5. Add the remaining flour and stir until everything is coated. Add the pasta water or stock, as well as the mustard and the tomato paste.
6. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer and stir until sauce is thickened, around 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the sour cream and serve with pasta